The Cathedral School Parents Association seeks to build a strong sense of community in ways that actively support the school’s educational mission. Our motto – “Be Involved” – activates that strong sense of community among parents, students, faculty, and administrators. The PA's mission is three-fold:
- To facilitate open and constructive communication among parents, faculty, and administrators;
- To host community events that build social bonds and foster trust and dedication among school constituents; and
- To support the fundraising and other goals set each year by the Head of School and Board of Trustees.
To that end, the PA sponsors educational and fundraising events and acts as a liaison between parents, faculty, and administration in order to foster open, constructive communication. The PA co-presidents also serve as members of The Cathedral School’s Board of Trustees.
With the exception of Kindergarten and First grade, each class has one PA representative (two per grade) who works with teachers to keep parents up-to-date on classroom activities (field trips, class parties, etc.), school-wide events, and any issues affecting the students. Due to the extra support needed in the younger grades, Kindergarten has two PA reps per class and First grade has one additional auxiliary rep. Class reps also help organize parent social and educational events and act as communication links for their class parents to the PA Executive Board and school administration.
To bring our mission to life, the PA hosts and supports many events throughout the year, including:
- School-wide Picnics on the Cathedral campus
- Used Uniform Sales and Lost and Found Claims
- Book Fair and Author Visits (premier events nourishing the mind)
- Winterfest (our annual school-wide holiday party)
- Spring Fair (an annual tradition that features games, face painting, music, rides, karaoke, dunk tank, Second Hand Treasures sale, and our unbeatable homemade food and BBQ)
- Annual Faculty, Administration, and Staff “Thank You” Party and Gifts
- All-School Ice Skating Party
- Admissions, Advancement, Educational, and Athletic Events
Volunteer opportunities are numerous (and fun!) and we welcome everyone's particpation. Thank you for your support of The Cathedral School.
Danielle Felczak and Kaliope Kostas
The Cathedral School Parents Association